People who are suffering from a disease or injury need a special place to heal where technology, technique, and caring help them live a safer, more independent life. Here you’ll discover an entire community committed to overall wellness, featuring specialized programs, services, amenities and a family of staff- all working together to provide a consistent personalized plan for each resident.
Long Term Care
At Karcher Estates, a stay here provides a comfortable, medically supervised setting for the final stages of life. Others find it a place where they can transition to home after a stay in our sub-acute rehab center. Karcher Estates Long-term Care excels as a prominent leader in our field, serving our community with progressive, innovative, and compassionate health care services.
Managing Your Care
The responsibility for your care lies with you and your family - or others important to you - as well as with your physician and the members of our interdisciplinary team. All will work together in developing an appropriate plan of care.
Social Events many choices and full of fun...
We offer a variety of social events that meet residents’ physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. These include an excellent exercise class that is full of fun and stimulates the body and mind. Bowling, bingo, weekly outings, and music programs are some of many choices our residents enjoy.
A Warm and Friendly Atmosphere
The focus of your care while at Karcher Estates Long-Term Care will differ from your care in the hospital, in a lesser care facility, or at home. Our goal is to provide a home for adult living where the atmosphere is warm and friendly and where residents feel safe and secure. Team members will work with you on relearning and practicing daily living skills such as dressing, bathing, walking, eating and taking medications.
Most rooms are shared between two people. Each personal space features a hospital bed and nightstand for belongings. A closet is provided for clothing, and each room offers a toilet and sink, with bathing and showers provided in a supervised area for safety.
Our healthcare team includes:
- Physicians and/or Medical Director
- Director of Nursing Services
- Administration Staff
- Registered Nurses (RNs), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs)
- Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists and Certified Occupational Therapist Assistants
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Medical Social Workers
- Registered Dietician
- Social Services Staff
- Activities Department Staff
- Care Planning/MDS Coordinator
- Medical Records Staff
- Environmental Staff
- Housekeeping Staff
- Laundry Staff
- Community Consultants
Patients generally enter our sub-acute rehab center as an intermediate step between hospitalization and home. Directed by the patient’s physician and our staff, we provide personalized rehabilitation and nursing services to help patients achieve maximum safe functional ability.
A variety of skilled, experienced staff who can give you the care you need.
- Physicians direct patient care and prescribe appropriate medical treatment. They work closely with other team members to assess a patient's condition and progress.
- Nurses and nursing assistants provide 24-hour care, monitoring and supporting each patient's current health status. They educate patients and families on health-related issues and reinforce skills learned in therapy.
- Therapists provide specialized treatment to address the physical and cognitive needs of patients and help them achieve their maximum level of independence with functional tasks and activities of daily living. Members of a patient's therapy team may include a physical therapist, an occupational therapist, or a speech language pathologist.
- Social workers provide patients and their families with assistance with discharge planning, referrals to community resources, and crisis intervention.
- Activities staff provide patients with various recreational tools to speed recovery.
Sub-acute rehab provides care between hospital and home.
Our program has been especially designed for patients whose healing process has progressed beyond the need for hospitalization, but who still do not have the functional ability to be discharged to home or lesser care.
In addition, sub-acute rehab is for:
- Patients requiring daily therapy.
- Post-surgical patients who still require daily nursing care.
- Patients requiring daily wound care.
- Patients requiring daily IV therapy or daily injections by licensed nursing staff.
- Patients requiring isolation due to illness or injury, that require daily skilled nursing or rehabilitative services.
- Patients requiring daily skilled nursing observation and intervention due to illness or injury.